A quick look at the user-interface of Windows 8
- Apps launch instantly from a tile-based start screen, which swaps the Windows Start menu with a modifiable, scalable full-screen sight of apps.
- Features live tiles with alerts, displaying constantly brand new information from your apps.
- Instant, instinctive toggling between running apps.
- Handy capability to snap and resize an application to the corner of the screen, thus you can actually perform multitasking.
- Completely touch-optimized browsing with enhanced experience and all the potential of hardware-accelerated Internet Explorer 10.
Microsoft’s Windows 8 is intended simultaneously for desktop PCs’, laptops and tablets, whether it could be your 10” inch tablet or large screen gaming systems and business desktops. Moreover it acquired the Windows Phone 7 Metro-mode touch interface of live tiles, the Metro encoding model for producing web apps and local apps that works on full screen and shares information.
The next-generation OS also sports gesture features to place two apps on screen alongside, and the customary Windows desktop for at the time when you require more affluent apps like the ones you’ve been using in Windows for quite some time. The idea of Windows Phone 7′s Metro user-interface is apparent in the interface for the Windows 8 Lock screen and Start screen (which totally swaps the Start menu). But remember folks, this isn’t a mindless replica of the phone’s operating system appearance.
It still contains the live tiles and the customization, letting you stick people, RSS feeds and web pages along with apps. But no doubt it’s richer in colors, extra flexible and superiorly designed, to allow a user to organize and discover abundance of applications.
Both the picture you see on the Windows 8 Lock screen and the particulars of unread emails and neglected instant messages that it displays are modifiable according to what you prefer. And you can besides stick desktop applications for instance Office or Task Manager, and even a link to the desktop, to the Lock screen.
Tiles can be formed in a group simultaneously, even you can provide a particular name to that group or you can leave them empty if you wish to and you are also able to make any tile solo or twice breadth.
All that makes it a perfect go and proves that such mixture cannot be formed in any other operating system. But does it really stand a chance? We’ve got to see this!