There were times when entertainment devices were only meant to entertain us, but the power of internet has changed the way we live and therefore our entertainment devices have changed as well. Today, consumers need better and smarter entertainment options that can allow them to do much more than they can imagine. Google has now teamed up with Sony that would bring out their own internet player that can help consumers around the world to improve their entertainment options. Let’s take a quick look at some of the features through Google TV review.
- Although, Sony has tried to come up with a better finished product they still have to make a lot more changes to the overall design of Google TV player. Sony has tried to come up with a compact design compared to Logitech Revue, but the remote is relatively larger and consumers will have to make use of both the hands at times to handle the navigation on the screen.
- The Sony Google TV player has a high quality build from outside and therefore it has more better and luxurious feel than the Logitech version. The keyboard on the remote control works great but unfortunately it has no lights which means that users will have to turn on their lights to make use of the keyboard.
- The all new Google TV by Sony is powered by dual core Marvell 1.2GHz chip which makes the entire smart TV experience better and faster compared to the Logitech Revue.
- It also includes HDMI pass through, SPDIF, two USB ports, IR blaster (internal and external), Ethernet and integrated Wi-Fi. The player also provides 8GB internal memory although the menu actually shows 4GB memory.
- The player also provides options for HD output formats and 3D formats. Users can also make use of optional Dolby Digital or PCM when they want to.
- There are many Android based apps available that will help the users to make their TV experience better in the future. Google has decided to come up with more apps that can be used by users on their Google TV.