- Daily interest
Samsung is leading the race Android smartphone race around the world and now the company has made an announcement about the new smartphone that they are going to introduce in the North American market. MetroPCS Communications and Samsung Telecommunications America has made announcement of the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G which is the latest 4G Android based smartphone for the American consumers. Both MetroPCS and Samsung Telecommunications America believe that there is going to be a good demand for the 4G technology and therefore they have launched this product in the North American market.
- Samsung has decided to keep the design as simple as possible and therefore the smartphone look very simple when you take a first look at it. The smartphone is not too thick at 12mm which is slightly bulky when you compare it with other sleek smartphones in the market but it is manageable for many users that love bulky smartphones.
- On the front you get the full 4.3 inches touchscreen while the 8 mega pixel camera sits on the back of the phone. The smartphone also has 1.3 mega pixel front facing camera for video chatting and other options.
- The all new Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G comes with 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus touch screen display that can provide stunning picture quality to ensure that consumers have better smartphone experience. The capacitive touch screen is very responsive and fast to ensure that consumers get what they want when they tap the screen.
- The smartphone is powered by single core 1GHz processor that can perform most of the smartphone tasks and handle variety of apps as well for the entire day hours.
- Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread which is certainly getting outdated at the moment but Samsung claimed that this is an entry level pre-paid model so consumers will not have any complaints for using Android Gingerbread. There are no updates on whether there will be updates to ICS on this smartphone.
- MetroPCS has added the mobile hotspot feature to their network and that is going to work positively for the new Samsung smartphone. It also has LED flash, auto focus and geo tagging features. It has 16GB memory through the microSD card that is provided but that can be upgraded to 32GB of space if consumers need more storage space.